maanantai 28. syyskuuta 2015

I was here when time began, I will be here after it ends - Illyrian

First I will introduce myself. My name is Blerta and I am a 17 years old Albanian girl living in Finland.

I was born here in Finland but my life is based on the Albanian culture. I have always been very keen on learning about my motherlands history and all that has happened there. But the most interesting topic for me is the ancient Albanians - Illyrians.

 Illyria is a part of the northwestern Balkan Peninsula. Illyrians were subdivided into tribes and clans as Albanian tribe Arbereshë and they had a big territory. There is also a tribe named Pellazgë which is the oldest tribe in Illyria. Illyrians were well known of their war history.
The oldest findings of Illyrians were from the 8th century BC and there were kingdoms as Dardania, Agron and Ardiaei which created the whole Illyrian kingdom.

The thing that has also always interested me is that some scientists say that  our language in Albania and Kosovo is also older than Latin language. There are some pictures which obviously show the similarity in Albanian language and Latin even though our language is older. I think there are possibilities that the ancient Latin is an imitated version of the ancient Illyrian language.

Albania has many archaeological monuments and it is well known of them. It's believed that the Illyrians, the ancestors of the Arbereshë and the present day Albanians are one of the most ancient populations in Europe.

An Australian professor Gustav Mayer once wrote: '' The descedents of the Illyrians are the Albanians and the Albanian language is the ancient Illyrian, one of the oldest of Europe and maybe of the whole world.

Eduard Shneider a French researcher (Pellazgs and their descedants): '' The Albanian language is the clearest and more faithfull example of the pelasgi( an illyrian language) language''





5 kommenttia:

  1. Wow, this was a very interesting story. I have heard about it, but not quite like this.. It's clear and easy to read, but it has some unique words as well. It was a pleasure reading this :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Are you still alive, little Illyrian?

    VastaaPoista
  3. Albanian is a very beautiful language.

    VastaaPoista